I've just started to build a CP module for FCKeditor.
It is in his first stages. Comments and tests results are welcome.
To use it, you must:
- download and install fckeditor.py
- download and install FCKeditor in a folder called "FCKeditor"
- create 2 folders: "content" and "images". They will be used to store pages and images.
- create a CP config file referencing "content" and "images" as static elements.
[staticContent] content=content images=images
- Finally, you must tell to FCKeditor that CP is his friends. For that adapt FCKeditor/fckconfig.js like following:
FCKConfig.ImageBrowser = true ; + FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + "filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=/editor/connector" ; - FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/asp/connector.asp' ;
Be careful to align your cpg.root to Connector URL and to remove (or comment) the existing asp Filemanager.
Voila!! Start your CP daemon: python fckeditor.py and browse to localhost:8080/ and follow simple links I've put there.
I've tested it with FCKeditor-2.0RC2 and FCKeditor-2.0RC3 on Gentoo with FireFox-1.0. Following FCKeditor website it works with IE 5.5+, Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.3+ and Netscape 7+.
- Attachment Note: fckeditor.py - Thu 10 Mar 2005 02:27:49 PM CST.
- fckeditor.py (8.2 kB) - added by vincentD <firstname.lastname@example.org> on 03/17/07 19:56:33.